Video Update on Sosua: Plenty of Action Despite Crackdown

Recent crackdown in Sousa has closed a few places and along with the rainy season decline there are few girls on the street during the day, however there is still plenty of action starting at 6pm at places like Rumbas and Club 59. During my recent trip Cuba Libre was closed and Carribbean Men’s Club did not bother to open mid-week.

Enjoy some photos of my recent trip to Cabarte, which is a much quieter resort town just outside of Sousa. I recommend you find a girl in Sousa and bring her along to Cabarte as while its is cooler here there are not many people to meet.

Comments

1. RON says:

HEY DAVE! THANKS FOR THE UPDATE, HOWEVER WE DO NOT KNOW OF ANY CRACK DOWN SO PERHAPS YOU CAN ENLIGHTEN US?! WHO IS TRYING TO MAKE SOSUA A TOURIST TOWN? GOVERNMENT, POLICE, MERCHANTS? THE BRUTAL TRUTH IS SOSUA HAS NOTHING TO OFFER FOR TOURISTS EXCEPT THE BEACH, WEATHER, A LITTLE SHOPPING AND WORKING LADIES; THE LATTER CAN BE FOUND ALMOST EVERYWHERE.ORIGINALLY, WE PLANNED ON RETURNING TO SOSUA IN AUGUST BUT AIRFARES ARE A PINCH UNDER $700 JFK-POP-JFK. SO, WE CHANGED OUR ARRIVAL DATES TO SEPTEMBER @ A COST OF A PINCH OVER $400.00!
    THE SAVINGS ALMOST COVERS THE COST AT THE SAN ANTONIO HOTEL FOR ONE WEEK! THANKS AGAIN, YOUNG MAN!
    RON

2. david strecker says:

Ron – not sure when your last trip to Sosua was – but in the last several months there has been a HUDGE crackdown on unaccompanied women walking the streets or even sitting in the bar alone, to the point that they have been arrested routinely (with force) – several of these arrest have appeared on youtube – which helped promote an investigation by a group from the govt. that was in town to check restaurants for proper paper work but when they found that half the restaurants had closed due to a lack of tourist they decided to investigate and found that the new mayor had given the tourist police the go ahead to harass and arrest women of the night at will and to conduct random raids on places like Club 59 – El Flows – Passions – the unwritten rule was that the girls weren't to come out till after midnight, not to interfere with the so called "tourist crowd" – I do believe that once the report reaches the "powers to be" the mayor might be unemployed and things in Sosua will return to the good old days.

1. RON says:

Hi Dave! Thanks for your response! We were in Sosua in March and April of 2011. During the two visits that lasted three weeks, we saw one "arrest" outside Classico. It appears that government has stepped up their interests in the working ladies; horrific shame! My best friend is flying from IRAQ to Sosua mid August; I think it only right to tell him to visit SJO cause there are just too many "dramas" in Sosua, although San Jose is having its problems as well with the Del Rey losing its liquor license. I suppose the pay offs were not enough!
      Dave- we want you to know that we are loyal followers of your every word! Thanks a million.

3. Dan says:

Thanks Dave for the update! Today is not a good day to be in the DR, with Emily in town. Hope Sosua comes thru with little damage. Heading back there next month!

No hurricanes or tropical storms in SJO.
    Only earthquakes and volcanoes!

4. leo says:

hey dave,been to sosua 3 times but stay at casa marina, going down in sept 12 for a week but what to stay at hotel instead of all incl did you ever heared of coco hotel and if you did what is it like cause i got a good price to stay there i heard about sea breeze hotel is there any chicas by the pool during the day,been to passion last year with my wife had a great time there ,this year all by my self watch out here i come . thanks leo

5. El Jefe says:

hey dave, I just got back from Sosua for my bachelor party and b4 I left I did alot of research but I must say u had the most insightful info. Since it was my bachelor party no expense was spared. me and 4 of my closest friends stayed in a private villa in Seahorse Ranch which was an excellent choice. Even though it was our first time to Sousa I could not see anything that resembled a crackdown even though there was a police presence the women were everywhere from the beach during the day to the bars at night. We felt like a rockstars walking around . I do reccommed people to convert your money over to pesos and do it a Western Union or a Bank but not at the airport or on the street. People were friendly but also wanted money as well for various services so choiose wisely. We had all had the best time of our lives and already planning to go back very soon. thanks for the advice.

What could be better than miles of blue water, white sand, and delicious mocha-colored ladies? Sosúa Beach, on the northern coast of the Dominican Republic has long been a world class destination for sex tourism.